Hey guys! ‘Weekend Again’ are weekly posts of my Top 5s or Top 10s. So, this weekend’s topic is ‘My Top 5 literary characters’.
MY TOP 5 LITERARY CHARACTERS
- Severus Snape from the Harry Potter series- This man! As Harry said,” He was the bravest man I’ve ever known.” Doesn’t your heart break after Snape says,”Always”? Don’t your eyes well up after learning about him truly? After all this while, he was looking after Harry. After all this while, he was the dark knight. In Harry’s seven years at Hogwarts, we have hated him. We have cursed him non stop. But one word that is ‘always’, made us pitiful towards him. It made us cry again and again. He is the most dark and complicated character in the series, yet so very deep.
2. Lucy Pevensie from The Chronicles of Narnia series- This girl is a reminder to us all that even if no one’s believing you, never stop believing in yourself. Never stop having faith. Never be weak in dark times. Yet, we do see her getting jealous of her sister Susan in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, it tells us that nobody can be perfect. She was just a child and she learnt from her mistakes. She learnt to be herself and not somebody else.
3. Sherlock Holmes- This arrogant, ignorant yet unbelievably clever man from 221 B, Baker Street is a timeless character.He is a practical and logical man, with amazing deduction skills. And I must add that he is incomplete without John Watson. So, if I say that Sherlock Holmes is one of my favorite literary characters, it goes without saying that I mean Dr.Watson too.
4. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games series- This list would be incomplete without the Girl on Fire! She is not perfect and flawless. She is just as confused and complicated. She doesn’t know whom to trust. She is a pawn in the Capitol’s game. She tells us that no matter what life and circumstances throw at you, deal with it by being strong.
5. Willy Wonka from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- Willy Wonka the famous chocolatier! He may seem like an oddball and full of weird antics, I believe that he is actually a very complicated man. He had been estranged from his father since many years and started getting flashbacks of him quite frequently.But the world of chocolate he created inside his factory, just leaves you in awe. He is a visionary and determined to follow his dreams and touch the sky.